Friday, October 10, 2008

Myths Debunked by Meagan Rodriguez - Part 2

Meagan Rodriguez is a Certified Personal Trainer and the CEO/President of Nu-U Fitness. Meagan has provided The MOG BLOG a nine part series on myths verses the truth about fitness.




Myth: When you exercise it doesn’t matter what you eat.
Truth: When you exercise, it matters even more what you eat!


Like I said in Part 1, when you exercise, it matters even more what you eat. If you start working out and aren’t feeding your body the correct nutrients then you are exercising a nutrient-deficient body; which makes you worse off than a sedentary person eating the same things as you. You are also making your body more nutrient deficient the longer you continue to not give your body the proper nutrition and working out. It is simple, physically active people need more nutrients than sedentary people. I didn’t realize how important this was until I realized that even though I was working out to get the body I wanted I wasn’t feeding it properly, therefore I wasn’t seeing the results I wanted. So many people are victims of this myth, I was one of them for a long time and now I know better. This part is simple as well, without optimum levels of the nutrients your body needs, you are not going to get the results you are looking for. You have to accept the fact that optimal nutrition is just as important as exercise and then guess what… you will be one step closer to accomplishing your goal in a healthy manner.


http://www.nu-ufitness.com/
Source: “Body for Life” by Bill Phillips