Thursday, September 25, 2008

The MOG Blog would like to welcome Nerissa, an Image Consultant and the creator of http://www.stylishadvice.com/. Today we will showcase her bio. Look for more information from Nerissa on stylish advice to get your ready for the Miss Oklahoma Galaxy Pageant!



Hello, my name is Nerissa and I am the founder of Stylish Advice. I have spent over ten years in the field of administration and over five working for the vice president for one of the largest companies in Canada. Charity events, holiday galas, international clients... these tasks demand that I look my best every day. Stylish Advice began two years ago as an e-mail newsletter for friends, family and co-workers who wanted my insider "secrets" of looking good on a budget, shopping for clothes efficiently, and surfing the ever-changing trends of hair and makeup. Then I received a request from a woman who had just turned 30 and was ready to take her closet from party-girl to sophisticate. Word of her makeover spread quickly and I was approached again and again by more and more people for fashion consultations. In response to the demand, I created Stylish Advice. After networking with a team of industry professionals (a hair stylist, an esthetician, a fashion consultant, and a supplier or organic/ethical beauty products), test driving concepts, and doing months of market research, I recently launched Stylish Advice online.

Stylish Advice is a fresh, new and exciting concept in the world of fashion and beauty. Thanks to the World Wide Web, I can connect with women from all over North America. Services for individuals include Wardrobe Makeovers, Shopping for Your Body Type lessons, and monthly memberships. Membership entitles clients to e-mail bulletins, newsletter alerts, and access to the member’s only section of the website and forum. I meet local clients for consultations or provide phone and e-mail support for clients outside of my home based area. Typical questions from range from, "what's trendy for eye makeup this winter?" to "please suggest an entirely new wardrobe." I even had a client snap a picture of herself in a dressing room mirror and e-mail it from her phone so I could advise her on an outfit before she left the store! Services for companies include consultation, networking, fashion show coordination, and promotional writing.

I can connect with women of all shapes, sizes because I have been, well, many different shapes and sizes over the years! I know how frustrating it is to try product after product and read article after article as you try to find what works for you. Stylish Advice is designed to cut through the confusion and help you look like the amazing woman that I know you are. Check us out today at http://www.stylishadvice.com/.